TSPSC AEO Syllabus 2016 Telangana State Public Service Commission Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2016 Study Material & Scheme Of Examination 2016 For Agriculture Extension Officer………
Telangana State Public Service Commission has releases the latest AEO Syllabus 2016 & Exam Pattern 2016 for the examination AEO 311 posts. The Candidates who are aimlessly wandering here and there should bookmark this web page for the same.
The Candidates should note the below provided Syllabus 2016 & Exam Scheme. We are here providing such outlines so that the candidates may use this for examination purpose.
Download TSPSC AEO Admit Card 2016 Agriculture Extension Officer Exam Schedule
Download TSPSC AEO Admit Card 2016 Agriculture Extension Officer Exam Schedule
Exam Scheme :-
Scheme And Syllabus For Recruitment To The Posts Of Agriculture Extension Officer Grade-Ii In Department Of Agricultural Subordinate Service
Scheme Of Examination :-
Written Examination (Objective Type) No.of Question Duration( Min.) Max Marks
Paper-I: General Studies And General Abilities 150 150 150
PAPER-II: Agriculture (Diploma Level) (English & Telugu Version)
Or Dry Land Agriculture (Vocational Degree Level) 150 150 150
Syllabus for PAPER-I:
General Studies And General Abilities
1. Current Affairs – Regional, National and International
2. International Relations and Events.
3. General Science; India’s achievements in Science and Technology
4. Environmental issues and Disaster Management
5. Economy of India and Telangana
6. Geography of India with a focus on Telangana
7. Indian Constitution and Polity with a focus on local self Government
8. Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts and Literature of Telangana
9. Policies of Telangana State
10. History of Modern India with a focus on Indian National Movement
11. History of Telangana with special emphasis on Movement for Telangana Statehood
12. Logical Reasoning, Analytical Ability and Data Interpretation
13. Basic English (8th Class Standard)
PAPER-II: AGRICULTURE (DIPLOMA LEVEL)
1. Agronomy Agriculture terminology; National and International institutions; Research stations in state universities- Agro climatic zones of Telangana state - characterization, Research priorities. Agroclimatic zones of Telangana State; weather, agricultural meteorology, study of weather parameters - Sunlight, Temperature, Pressure, Transpiration, snowfall, Rainfall- types; rainfall measuring instruments; effect of rainfall on crops; Tillage – effect on soil properties – Factors affecting good tilth; puddling, Sowing methods; Crop stand establishment; Plant geometry – Effect of Plant population on growth & yield; Soil fertility and soil productivity ; Soil fertility management ; cultivation methods, Nutrient requirement, Organic & Chemical fertilizers- uses; Weeds – losses due to weeds ; important aspects of weed control, use of herbicides in major agricultural crops, Integrated weed management; Irrigation water management, crop water requirement, methods of irrigation, Modern methods of water management – advantages and disadvantages; Drainage; Harvest maturity symptoms; harvest and post Harvest measures; Rainfed agriculture- improved agronomic practices. Water harvesting, contingency crop plan; Watershed; Cropping systems; crop rotation; Integrated farming systems;; Sustainable agriculture; Organic farming- certification.
2. Crop production and improved management practices :- Food grain crops; commercials crops, Pulses and Oil seed crops, Fodder crops, Spices and condiments in Telangana and in India – Importance, acreage, production, productivity, improved varieties and hybrids developed, suitable soils, climatic conditions, seed rate, seed dormancy, seed treatment, spacing, inter cultivation, seed rate, weed control, water management, integrated nutrient management, improved management practices, harvesting, and post harvest measures.
3. Soil Science :- Soil chemical and physical properties; Carbon : Nitrogen ratio and its importance, soil pH, soil organic matter; importance of microorganisms, soil ionic exchange, problematic soils, different types of soils in Telangana state; important nutrients requirement of crop plants; essentiality - forms of nutrient availability, nutrient deficiencies, corrective measures; causes for loss of soil fertility - management; soil - environmental pollution - control, classification of organic and chemical fertilizers, composting, vermicompost; biogas plant, green manures, green manure crops, concentrated organic manures; mixed fertilizers- fertilizer use efficiency, bio fertilizers, integrated nutrient management, soil testing methods; global warming - causes, secondary nutrients; complex fertilisers; chelated micronutrients; fertilizer control act.
4. Plant Breeding, Seed Technology, Seed testing
Parts of flower, methods of reproductions in plants, male sterility, vegetative propagation. Plant breeding - selection, hybridization, mutation breeding, polyploidy breeding; methods of breeding for varietal and hybrid development, varietal description, DNA test; importance of seed; seed characters, classes of seed, principles of seed production, management practices in seed production, isolation distance; difference between varietal and hybrid seed production; tips in seed production of different crops, seed certification, seed processing; cleaning and grading equipment; seed treatment; seed testing, seed viability, seed vigour, seed dormancy, seed health, seed packing, seed varietal protection, seed pellets, biotechnology in seed development, Intellectual Property Rights, crop varietal release- trials, release procedure and release. Seed production of field and vegetable crops, seed regulations in India, historical development, nation and international institutions in seed quality control, seed acts and regulations; seed production in fruits and flower crops; seed sampling, physical purity tests, seed moisture tests, genetic purity tests; seed processing - importance and methods; seed storage.
5. Crop pests and their management
Introduction to Entomology, Taxonomy and Characters of class Insecta, Insect Segmentation. agriculturally important insect Orders, Insect mouthparts and types. Symptoms of Damage caused by various insects. Integrated Pest Management – Importance, Predators and Parasitoids, Botanicals, chemical insect control, Insecticides – Classification, Compatibility and Formulations; Nematicides, Rodenticides etc. Sericulture, Apiculture and Lac culture. Pests of Agricultural and Horticultural crops – Scientific names – nature of Damage and Management, Stored grain Pests – Management, Non – insect Pest Management (Rodents, Birds and Nematodes).
06.Plant diseases and their control
Introduction to Plant pathology- casual organisms, terminology - concepts, classification of diseases, etiology, disease spread, pathogens, predisposing factors of diseases, disease management methods- use of fungicides, classification of fungicides, common fungicides- mode of action; diagnosis of field diseases, important methods of diseases management, control of diseases, nematodes and plant parasites- their management; diseases of important field and horticultural crops and their management.
07.Horticulture and forestry
Vegetable Crops and their cultivation details; important fruit crops, medicinal, aromatic crops and flower crops of Telangana state- propagation, nursery management, pruning, green houses, principles of fruits and vegetable storage; value addition of fruits and vegetable products; Agro forestry – importance, national forest polices and forest acts; afforestation, management of forest nurseries, important forest plants- uses, their management; Social forestry, wind break trees, timber and non timber forest products - their characters..
08 Agricultural Economics
Agriculture finance – definition, Scope and importance; Regional Rural Banks; NABARD; Self Help Groups; Lead Bank Scheme; Kisan Credit Card; Crop Insurance, preparation and uses of balance sheet, theory of production – law of variable proportions; laws of returns, returns to scale; economies of scale; study of costs and returns; farm business organizations- aims and main objectives, farm management-aims; types of farming, farm planning –types, uses, cooperation-principles; farmers cooperative societies –types; co-operative movement in India –history; farmer cooperative societies and Agriculture cooperative societies –types and uses; agricultural credit policy-main features; different types of agricultural credit; cooperative banks, RBI, problems faced by farmers in accessing credit; agricultural marketing- types of Agriculture markets, market efficiency; problems of agricultural marketing-overcoming measures; price determination; seed industry –importance; seed price policies; market price and normal price.
For Remaining Syllabus 2016 You may download it From Official Site or in Notification of AEO You should navigate to Annexure III For the Latest Syllabus 2016. We are providing the Link for direct access the Syllabus From in this web page…
Download Syllabus 2016 Click Here See Annexure III In Notification
Visit @ http://www.tspsc.gov.in/ For Latest Updates
“ Please For Latest Updates BE Stay With Us @ www.jobalert4u.in. “