|Sukanya Samridhi Yojna|
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is a special money deposition yojna handled by Kendriya Government to give financial safety to girl child for fulfilling their future educational and marriage disbursement(charges). The accounts under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana can be opened in all post offices and in 18 banks including State banks. One family can open two accounts for two girls. All premium paid under this scheme will be tax free under section 80C. The tenure of the scheme is 21 years.
If the amount is not taken even after the maturity of girl will be of 21 years, then it will consistently regular to earn interest.
Facts about Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
1. Girl baby below 10 years is qualified to open Sukanya Samriddhi Account in India Post Office or Government bank.
2. Natural Parents or Guardian will have the rights to open scheme account. Only parents or guardian can open account but any person can deposit amount in this account. But noted that the tax rebate can be taken by parents only.
3. One Girl, One Child with the minimum balance of 1000 ( One thousand rupees only) and maximum amount deposition will be exceed to 1.5 lakh per year. The account will be opened for the term of 14 years.
4. Interest rate will be decided by Government per financial year. For this financial year the compound interest rates would be 9.20% for 2015-2016.
5. All Maturity Money and Interest will be interest free under section 80C.
6. The parents can withdraw half (50%) amount when the girl baby will be 18 years of age
7. The full maturity amount will be withdrawn when the girl will be 21 years of age.
Certificate compulsory at the time of account Opening
Birth Certificate of Child,
Address Proof of the Parent,
Two photos of parents,